- n (physics and chemistry) the simplest structural unit of an element or compound
- n (nontechnical usage) a tiny piece of anything
- The biggest molecule known to man is much too tiny to be seen, even under a microscope.
- At last one molecule, a complex protein, showed the ability to absorb other molecules and create replicas of itself out of their material.
- To probe cellular gene activity en masse, scientists first isolate the molecules that translate genes into proteins.
News & Articles
- Alzheimer's Drug Discovery Foundation Supports Madera Biosciences to Advance Small Molecule Drugs that Upregulate apoE
NEW YORK, June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Alzheimer's Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) announced that it has awarded follow-on funding of $298,500 to Madera Biosciences, Inc. to further develop its small molecule drugs designed to clear accumulated beta-amyloid from the brain and thus halt or reverse the progression of Alzheimer's disease. ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- PRISM Pharma Closes $15 million Series C Financing to Advance PRI-724 into Non-oncology Indications
YOKOHAMA, Japan, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PRISM Pharma Co., Ltd., a drug discovery company focused on developing small molecule technologies that modulate protein-protein interactions, today announced ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Announces Presentation of Meta-Analysis Results of Lymphoseek® and ACOSOG Radiolabeled ...
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. , a biopharmaceutical company focused on precision diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals, today announced results from a meta-analysis study of Lymphoseek® Injection, a novel, receptor-targeted, small-molecule radiopharmaceutical.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- John Warner in The Associated Press
Take a very complicated elegant beautiful molecule, bury it in the ground 100 million years, remove all the functionality and make hydrocarbons,said Warner, one of the founders of the green chemistry movement that attempts to be more...
- Craig Venter in Forbes
Some of my colleagues have argued that these are baby steps, but this is 20 times bigger than any molecule made by humans before,Venter said. "I think it is as important a conceptual step as a technological one."
- Mary Higby Schweitzer in EurekAlert (press release)
We looked for collagen because it's plentiful, it's durable, and it has been recovered from other fossil materials, although none as old as this T. rex,Schweitzer says. "It's also a relatively easy molecule to identify, and it's not...