- v read or interpret wrongly
He misread the data
- v interpret wrongly
I misread Hamlet all my life!
- She cried when a story was sad, laughed when she misread a word.
- And they misread the direction of the country.
- But many of those statistics are commonly misread.
News & Articles
- NRA: Condemn, don’t condone
I’m sorry Mr. Souther misread my letter about the NRA. I was NOT saying the NRA was promoting any violence against those who disagree with them.
June 14, 2013 - Coeur d'Alene Press
- How did mainstream media get the NSA PRISM story so hopelessly wrong?
Last week's bombshell stories by The Guardian and The Washington Post accused some of the biggest names in tech of willingly working with the NSA to give up your data. It now appears that those stories misread the technical details and got the story wrong.
June 14, 2013 - ZDNet
- Tiger Wood in New York Daily News
I made absolutely nothing,Woods said. "I just have to say terrible day on the greens. And I had it at the wrong time. I either misread the putt or had bad putts. I didn't make anything except for the 14th hole. I think it was the only putt...
- Chuck Hagel in International Herald Tribune
We have misunderstood, misread, misplanned and mismanaged our honorable intentions in Iraq with an arrogant self-delusion reminiscent of Vietnam,said Hagel, a combat veteran of that war. "Honorable intentions are not policies and plans."
- Lorena Ochoa in ESPN
I think that's why today feels a little bit weird, because I just missed so many putts, and there was a couple of them that maybe I misread, but some of them I hit pretty good,Ochoa said.