- v pronounce a word incorrectly
- TODAY on KDKA Pittsburgh radio: "You know I have written about this and described it in many different settings and I did misspeak the other day.
- Did Secretary Sebelius misspeak last weekend? You know, a great deal has been made as to what she said pertaining to the so-called public option.
- Did he misspeak? Or did the Telegraph misinterpret or misreport his statements? I don't know.
- John McCain in Reuters
We all misspeak from time to time and I immediately corrected it. Just as Sen. Obama said he was looking forward to meeting the president of Canada, we all misspeak from time to time,McCain told reporters in London.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in AFP
This has been a very long campaign,a laughing Clinton said in an interview with Pittsburgh radio station KDKA. "I did misspeak the other day."
- Scott McClellan in Collective Bellaciao
Scott McClellan, the White House spokesman, said the mistake merely showed that "even the most straightforward and plain-spoken people misspeak."