misquote : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an incorrect quotation
- v quote incorrectly
He had misquoted the politician
- But the appearance of the misquote on so many websites spread the idea that Basterds was an iffy business proposition, and that its Friday opening might prove to be a night of the .
- I do hope Letterman sees this misquote and can fix it himself.
- A misquote of a demolition expert propagated the explosives theory.
- JD Fortune in ChartAttack
To set the record straight, I was never given a handshake at an airport and said, 'Thanks a lot,'Fortune told Sun Media. "That was sort of a misquote [on my part]. It was the proverbial handshake. Nobody really said, 'Thanks a lot, kid.' I...
- Sunil Gavaskar in Hindu
This team is much better prepared than ours in 1983 because of the sheer volume of one-day cricket that it has played and against almost all the opponents. I am not saying this is a better team, please do not misquote me,Gavaskar said after...
- Brendan Gleeson in Edmonton Sun
A lot of it had to do, I think, with his utter belief in the power of the words that he had crafted,Gleeson said. "He was a wordsmith. Words were his passion and, I guess, his weapon, too. But people continue to misquote him, probably more...