misquotation : Definition, Usages, News and More
- That was a bad misquotation of the text, thought Helen, who sat right down and wrote the Chief Justice a polite note of correction.
- As it was impossible to blame this pastoral letter on any misquotation, Republican ministers raged.
- As you know, this misquotation has been used world-wide as if it were fact that Ahmadinejad called for Iran to commit a Nazi-like genocide of Jews.
- Chas Freeman in Consortium News
Tactics of the Israel Lobby plumb the depths of dishonor and indecency and include character assassination, selective misquotation, the willful distortion of the record, the fabrication of falsehoods, and an utter disregard for the truth,...
- Christopher Hitchens in Business Standard
Hitchens says: "The famous misquotation is not so much as a 'misquotation' but rather a very crude attempt to misrepresent the philosophical case against religion : Religion is man-made. Even the men who made it cannot agree on what their prophets...