- n a person authorized to conduct religious worship
clergymen are usually called ministers in Protestant churches
- n a person appointed to a high office in the government
- n a diplomat representing one government to another; ranks below ambassador
- n the job of a head of a government department
- v attend to the wants and needs of others
I have to minister to my mother all the time
- v work as a minister
She is ministering in an old parish
- Sweden's foreign minister abruptly called off a visit to Israel this week, an Israeli spokesman said, amid a feud over a Swedish newspaper article and a growing gulf between Israel .
- The minister apologized repeatedly but has refused to resign, and so far Abe has stood behind him calculating that he can't afford to lose a second cabinet minister just four .
- As leader of the Socialist Party (PS) in Wallonia and also the region's minister-president Di Rupo, 55, is the heavyweight of Francophone politics.
- David Cameron in AFP
Mr. Svanberg made clear that BP will continue to do all that it can to stop the oil spill, clean up the damage and meet all legitimate claims for compensation,the Downing Street spokesman said. "The prime minister said that he would raise...
- George Osborne in The Guardian
After meeting the BP chairman in Downing Street, Osborne said: "We are all concerned about the human and environmental impact and as the prime minister has said, we understand the concerns of the US administration. The prime minister is also clear...
- Barack Obama in Hindustan Times
I believe that Prime Minister Netanyahu wants peace. I think he's willing to take risks for peace,Obama told reporters.