- n an electric railway operating below the surface of the ground (usually in a city)
in Paris the subway system is called the `metro' and in London it is called the `tube' or the `underground'
- Other metro cities like Kolkata and Bangalore have been holding Queer Pride marches for a couple of years now, but this was the first in Delhi, considered more conservative than .
- Since each metro area has its own characteristics there's a lot more land to build on in Oklahoma City than there is in Oakland, Calif.
- A metro train enters a station of Pyongyang's subway.
- Robert Shiller in International Herald Tribune
Home prices across the nation and in most metro areas are significantly lower than where they were a year ago,said Yale University professor Robert Shiller, one of the index's creators. "Wherever you look, things look bleak."
- Carl Scully in The Age
I think it's naive to assume that suddenly the building of this metro will mean the attention doesn't have to be given to the existing network,Mr Scully said. "That's my major concern that it'll be seen as a fix and it ain't."
- John Watkins in Sydney Morning Herald
Mr Watkins said last night that companies from around the world were "lining up to invest here, especially in public transport ...... the $12 billion North West Metro project has attracted worldwide interest."