- n an electric railway operating below the surface of the ground (usually in a city)
in Paris the subway system is called the `metro' and in London it is called the `tube' or the `underground'
- n an underground tunnel or passage enabling pedestrians to cross a road or railway
- From New York subway rider to all-American hero.
- A jury acquits the subway gunman, but the argument goes on.
- Most of its students go to classes by subway, and one of its off-campus centers of undergraduate life is an Automat.
News & Articles
- New subway location treats customers to free sandwiches
A new Subway opening along Highway 41 and Morgan Avenue in Evansville treated dozens of customers to a free sandwich Tuesday evening.
June 19, 2013 - 14 WFIE Evansville
- Deputies: Ex-Subway employee robs store to support 'MoJo' habit
WWLTV.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @WWLTV HOUMA, La. – An ex-Subway employee turned himself in after robbing the store in order to support his “MoJo” habit, according to the Terrebonne Parish Sheriff’s Office. On the night of April 23, deputies responded to a burglary at the Subway located on West Park Avenue in Houma and discovered that the front glass door of the business was ...
June 18, 2013 - WWL-TV, Channel 4 New Orleans
- SUBWAY® Restaurants And Disney Collaborate For Release Of "Monsters University" And "The Lone Ranger"
MILFORD, Conn., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- This June, SUBWAY ® restaurants, the world's largest restaurant chain, and The Walt Disney Company will celebrate one year of working together with the announcement ...
June 17, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Cliff Lee in The Canadian Press
I would not be at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway. From my perspective, it relates to is mitigation. If you're out in the middle of a field and someone sneezes that's one thing. If you're in a... Joe Biden http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGfV3iqiFvyt3gg5wYE9YfDMOzy4Q FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/30/biden-avoid-planes-trains-automobiles/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHxJOLPYi7Bn0dVNmoe_67w_YDUPQ Apr 30, 2009
96093 127576 subway I'm not afraid to take the subway," Lee said.
- John Walsh in Guardian Unlimited
This was done for a private developer. This was not done for the public's interest, like when the stars were removed back in the '90s for the Metro Red Line (subway) construction,said John Walsh, a longtime Hollywood activist. "Closing...