- n a gay feeling
- n activities that are enjoyable or amusing
- They faced plenty of obstacles: the rude public merriment at their pairing; all the misery the Vatican-cowed Italian government tried to bring to their joint political, financial .
- Separating himself from the whisky-fueled merriment all around, he takes me aside to share something important: "See this wedding?" says Adam, gesturing to the gathered crowd.
- Her store becomes a little cafe, with hunchback Cousin Lymon hopping about spreading merriment with his malicious tongue, while Miss Amelia smiles happily.
News & Articles
- Around Town: flotilla of fools
For the third year in a row, a festive boat parade celebrating the Yahara River made its way through the water Sunday morning with fanciful boats, costumes, music and general merriment.
June 10, 2013 - Wisconsin State Journal
- Reggie Straight credits early detection in beating cancer twice
Reggie Straight loves to laugh. Her eyes are always crinkled up in merriment. It’s part of who she is — upbeat, positive, cheerful.
June 7, 2013 - The Times West Virginian
- Race horse subject of murder-mystery
The Pullman Plaza Hotel in Huntington will host a Belmont Stakes interactive murder mystery theatre party beginning at 5:45 p.m. Saturday. The entertainment will be provided by Murder and Merriment. The mystery centers around the famed race horse, Big Blac...
June 6, 2013 - Charleston Daily Mail
- Adam Smith in Commodities Now Online
People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public, or in some contrivance to raise prices, wrote Adam Smith in his famous "Inquiry into the Nature and...
- Jim McGovern in FOXNews
Finding the Well was like discovering a cozy little world that had been flourishing without me, hidden within the walls of my house; an entire cast of characters welcomed me to the troupe with great merriment as soon as I found the secret... Howard Rheingold http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Rheingold&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE4gs94rfXvv_RJIwm7lHzCAAqdig Wall Street Journal (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2010/04/28/real-tales-from-a-virtual-place-called-the-well/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEHDAa3THTfcOcVhmUEQmLuNoBc-Q Apr 28, 2010
62934 83933 merry-go-round What I don't want to do is get on this merry-go-round where we try to end this war and negotiate it down to a blank check," said Rep. Jim McGovern, D-Mass. "It's time to play hardball."