- n leniency and compassion shown toward offenders by a person or agency charged with administering justice
he threw himself on the mercy of the court
- n a disposition to be kind and forgiving
- n the feeling that motivates compassion
- n something for which to be thankful
it was a mercy we got out alive
- n alleviation of distress; showing great kindness toward the distressed
distributing food and clothing to the flood victims was an act of mercy
- Since few orthodox Communists believe in life after death or in redemption from sin by God's mercy, the nearest thing to these offered by the Soviet State occur on such solemn yet.
- The people of the United States and our friends and allies will not live at the mercy of an outlaw regime that threatens the peace with weapons of mass murder.
- As my mother recalled, she could hear my father in his study, on his knees, beseeching God to "show Johnny mercy.
News & Articles
- Mercy Medical Center cuts a dozen jobs
Mercy Medical Center has shed a dozen workers, nearly half of them managers, in the last month as it restructures itself.
June 21, 2013 - The Canton Repository
- Mercy Opens Improved Cardiac Rehab Clinic
Mercy Hospital Washington opened its newly renovated and expanded cardiopulmonary rehabilitation clinic. From left are Mercy therapist Jackie Daugherty, RN, working with patients Don Crowe and Audrey Holland in the new space. Submitted Photo.
June 21, 2013 - The Missourian
- Mercy Takes Leadership Role in Use of Medical Technology, Offering IORT for Breast Cancer Patients and New National ...
Mercy continues to explore the latest modalities for treating disease, as hospital known for women's health care announces new National Institute for Robotic Surgery, and is also first medical center in Maryland to provide breast cancer patients with Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT). (PRWeb June 20, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10851303.htm
June 21, 2013 - PRWeb
- Kenny MacAskill in GulfNews
Compassion and mercy are about upholding the beliefs that we seek to live by, remaining true to our values as a people, no matter the severity of the provocation or the atrocity perpetrated,MacAskill explained - to near universal vilification.
- Shahbaz Sharif in Press Trust of India
General Musharraf's dictatorship is taking its last breath,said Shahbaz. "For the good of the nation, I would like to ask Musharraf...... To show mercy to the country and immediately resign and go home so that this government gets a chance...
- Charlotte Knobloch in BBC News
It's a race against time,said Charlotte Knobloch, president of Germany's Central Council of Jews. "For survivors of the Shoah [Holocaust], it is intolerable to see how a suspected Nazi war criminal, who knew no mercy for his victims, seeks...