melange : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a motley assortment of things
- First appearing in the 80s and 90s, these deeply influential tales, a sort of Archie-comics-meets-Marquez melange of complicated pan-American inter-relationships, are a comix epic.
- The team that won the World Cup in 1998 was famously celebrated as a melange of "Black, Blanc, Beur" (black, white and Arab).
- In Dune, rival masters from four planets battled for control of "melange," an addictive spice that conferred powers of prophecy and transcendence.
- Janet Maslin in Anime News Network
In spite of some pretty grumpy, dismissive reviews (the New York Times' Janet Maslin described it as a "lurid melange of violence and soft-core sex...... embarrassing even by comic-book standards", which made up my mind to see it) I lined up at...
- Donald Findlay in The Guardian
Defence counsel Donald Findlay QC described the material as "a hotch-potch, a melange of a whole variety of matters which is, in my submission, of no practical purpose whatsoever to any terrorist".