- n a motley assortment of things
- n a bag in which rags are kept
- Watchmen is a graphic novela book-length comic book with ambitions above its stationstarring a ragbag of bizarre, damaged, retired superheroes: the paunchy, melancholic Nite .
- The story of a ragbag of bizarre, damaged, retired superheroes reunited by the murder of a former teammate, Watchmen is told in fugal, over-lapping plotlines and gorgeous panels .
- Around Europe a ragbag of extremist parties, as varied as the countries that produced them yet united by a vehement nationalism that singles out minority groups as a growing threat .
News & Articles
- 'English Patient' Actress on Becoming 'Invisible'
Classic English beauty Kristin Scott Thomas still lights up the screen at 53, but the actress admits that she often feels like “an old ragbag” next to younger actresses and fears becoming “invisible” off screen now that she has reached middle age. Speaking candidly in...
July 29, 2013 - ABC News
- Nick Clegg in Mirror.co.uk
Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg said the PM had come up with a "ragbag of proposals" in a bid to shore up his position after Labour's drubbing in the local elections and the crisis over the 10p tax rate.
- Struan Stevenson in The Herald
But Mr Stevenson argued publicly that such a move would force UK Tories to sit with "a ragbag of fascists and outcasts", which included Jean-Marie Le Pen, leader of the French National Front, Alessandra Mussolini, the neo-fascist Italian, and...
- Angela Carter in The Australian
Writing in The Guardian, novelist Angela Carter described the book as "an epic hung about with ragbag scraps of many different cultures", peopled mostly by "displaced persons of one kind or another. Expatriates, immigrants, refugees."