- n an artist of consummate skill
a master of the violin
one of the old masters
- n a person who has general authority over others
- n a combatant who is able to defeat rivals
- n directs the work of others
- n presiding officer of a school
- n an original creation (i.e., an audio recording) from which copies can be made
- n an officer who is licensed to command a merchant ship
- n someone who holds a master's degree from academic institution
- n an authority qualified to teach apprentices
- n key that secures entrance everywhere
- v be or become completely proficient or skilled in
She mastered Japanese in less than two years
- v get on top of; deal with successfully
- v have dominance or the power to defeat over
Her pain completely mastered her
The methods can master the problems
- v have a firm understanding or knowledge of; be on top of
- s most important element
the master bedroom
a master switch
- He notes that some master plumbers (about five to seven years experience) at the Cincinnati-based company make in excess of $100,000 a year.
- Alone in the master bedroom, his order in the march of death still unknown, was the master himself: 65-year-old Marshall Herff Applewhite.
News & Articles
- Master Bike Plan
MASON CITY, IA – If you have a bike a group in Mason City is working to make sure you have a nice place to ride it. They’re calling it “the Master Plan”.
June 12, 2013 - KIMT Mason City
- Lifeguard Master’s Umbrellas Lead in the Emergency Gear Industry
Lifeguard Master introduces its full line of lifeguard umbrellas geared for all types of conditions, including heavy sunlight and heavy wind. (PRWeb June 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/LifeguardUmbrellas/LifeguardUmbrella/prweb10819778.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Master Naturalists to meet Tuesday
Master Naturalists will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Temple Library on the third floor.
June 10, 2013 - Killeen Daily Herald
- Vladimir Putin in International Herald Tribune
This is now "the world of one master, one sovereign," Putin said in Munich, and he was in no way pleased.
- Boris Johnson in The Associated Press
It's a wonderful thing. It's a beautiful instrument,Johnson said. "It's very easy to master, but I don't think we'll necessarily be issuing them to the crowds."
- Martin Windrow in The Associated Press
Bigeard was personally fearless, tactically brilliant, and an intuitive master of terrain, who could conduct a battle by map and radio like the conductor of an orchestra. He inspired the absolute loyalty of his officers and men,said Windrow,...