- n a person who has general authority over others
- Mills, the overlord of federal revenue legislation, whose Ways and Means Committee has responsibility for drafting major tax, trade and Social Security bills, has long savored .
- Depending on your point of view, the company's many tentacles make Google the best thing since dancing babies or our future alien overlord.
- On the contrary, Noorzai, a confidant of the fugitive Taliban overlord, who is a well-known ally of Osama bin Laden's, says he had been invited to Manhattan to prove that he could .
News & Articles
- ‘13’ proves lucky number for Sabbath fans
Heavy metal heroes have to balance between awesome and absurd. As they age, it gets harder to sound earnest singing about heaven and hell — see Judas Priest’s “Nostradamus.” Yet somehow metal overlord/reality TV clown Ozzy Osbourne and the reformed Black Sabbath (minus drummer Bill Ward) are 90 percent awesome on their reunion record “13,” out today. I thank producer Rick Rubin and riff master ...
June 11, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Guest column: D-Day was turning point of World War II
Thursday, June 6, marked the 69th anniversary of Operation Overlord, better known as the 'D-Day' invasion.
June 8, 2013 - Door County Advocate
- Drew Roy Previews 'Falling Skies' Season 3, the Emergence of 'Evil Hal'
(TNT) TNT's action-packed alien invasion drama Falling Skies returns for its third season this Sunday at 9/8c. But fans are going to get a very different version of Hal Mason, who was implanted with some sort of bug by Karen, his ex-girlfriend turned evil alien overlord, at the end of last season. Zimbio recently chatted with Drew Roy about what's coming up for his character this season ...
June 7, 2013 - Zimbio
- Stephen Colbert in FOXNews
So NASA, I urge you to heed Congressman Fattah's call for democracy in orbit,Colbert said. "Either name that node after me, or I too will reject democracy and seize power as space's evil tyrant overlord. Ball's in your court."
- Al-Muqaddasi in guardian.co.uk
As the Arab geographer Al-Muqaddasi noted in 985: "The island of Qubrus is in the power of whichever nation is overlord in these seas."
- Tom Wise in guardian.co.uk
Allegedly a gangster and racketeer, he served a six-year jail sentence in the Soviet Union in the 1980s, his eventual pardon coming at the behest of Uzbek mafia chief and heroin overlord Gafur Rakhimov, described as Usmanov's mentor,Wise said.