masquerade : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a party of guests wearing costumes and masks
- n a costume worn as a disguise at a masquerade party
- n making a false outward show
a beggar's masquerade of wealth
- v take part in a masquerade
- v pretend to be someone or something that you are not
- The Deceptive Mailings Prevention Act of 1990, which was signed this month by President Bush, bans mail solicitations that masquerade as government notices.
- Ego was defeated but still maintains the ability to morph into a paradise in order to lure unsuspecting travelers to their doom, and to masquerade as a barren world.
- They are clearly men attempting, with no little difficulty, to masquerade as women.
News & Articles
- A Mid-Summer Masquerade
Date: Friday, June 21 Time: 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. Place: EPIC (111 W. Hubbard) Admission: $50 Advance / $60 Door (door is cash only) Website: A Mid-Summer Masquerade The Children’s Place Association’s junior board, The Professional Partners, invite you to …
June 11, 2013 - WGN TV Chicago
- Lansdale mural designs unveiled
The Lansdale Business Association has formally unveiled the first two designs for building facades in its Lansdale Mural Arts Program - and wants to know what you think. Both designs were presented at the LBA's Murals Masquerade on Saturday night, and will bring color to highly visible walls in the borough's downtown. Artist Melissa Thurman's design for the side of the McQuillin Studio building ...
June 11, 2013 - The Reporter
- A peek at the Strauss Festival
The “Masquerade Gala,” a dancing preview of the July festival is the theme of the June 14 fundraiser of the Strauss Festival of Elk Grove. Strauss Festival couples will give a preview of what’s in store in July at “The Legend of All Hallows Eve,” as this year’s festival theme.
June 10, 2013 - Elk Grove Citizen
- Raymond Domenech in The Guardian
I spent at least 45 minutes on the bus with them,Domenech said. "I tried to convince the players of the foolishness, their imbecility and the unprecedented stupidity of what they were about to do. I then resolved to stop this masquerade...
- Urban Meyer in Bearcat Insider
It wasn't major college football. It was a masquerade,said Meyer of the Bearcat football he experienced in the 80's. "It was not what it is today. The facilities are phenomenal. That practice was a legitimate practice with a bunch of good...
- Jack DeJohnette in Jam! Showbiz
NEW YORK - The chemistry felt just right from the start of the January 1983 recording session, when pianist Keith Jarrett, bassist Gary Peacock and drummer Jack DeJohnette began playing "The Masquerade Is Over," a standard covered by singers...