- n a party of guests wearing costumes and masks
- When, in 1634, Musician Henry Lawes asked his friend, Pamphleteer and Poet John Milton, to run off some verses for a masque (a quasi dramatization in verse of some allegory .
- A chorus of madmen, a ghoulish group in feathers and rags, sings an elegant baroque masque to the imprisoned Duchess (Soprano Pamela Myers).
- Inevitably the object of the masque is death.
News & Articles
- MLB All-Star Game 2013: The haters guide to the All-Star Game, the middle years
Game 18 (1951) at Briggs Stadium, Detroit: NL 8, AL 3 The game was scheduled to be played in Philadelphia, but Detroit was celebrating its 250 th anniversary and petitioned to have the game moved. Detroit was at its peak then, with a population of roughly 1.8 million. They didn't know it then, but the city had peaked. In some ways, then, we can retroactively look at this as "The Masque of the ...
July 16, 2013 - SB Nation
- Akira Kurosawa in Thaindian.com (blog)
According to 'Variety' Monday, the consortium will also make an animation feature, "The Masque of Black Death", based on a script Kurosawa wrote in 1977 but never made a movie of, though he himself had planned to get it made in animated form by...
- Philip Pickett in The Australian
I called my mask guy, Matt Garland (Pro Masque company), and he said, 'Perfect, I've been wanting to do this Fuhr mask ever since you got traded there (2006).' It's awesome, and he put a whole bunch of puck marks on it, to make it look beat up. I... Dwayne Roloson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_Roloson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEuSOZhl5NB4g00VWUHbQm-2MICyw Canada.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/story.html%3Fid%3D6a6cd1a4-68c4-44b5-8e7e-cfa07a6e031c&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEMXP356v1vlZOUGe7hbXvvsrE6sQ Oct 8, 2008
61707 82361 masque It's a full-length evening with a big orchestra, and it's very theatrical indeed," Pickett says. "Rather than being a gentle court masque, it's much more like our idea of an opera, with a lot of colour and drama. It's incredibly vivid. You...