marijuana : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a strong-smelling plant from whose dried leaves a number of euphoriant and hallucinogenic drugs are prepared
- n the most commonly used illicit drug; considered a soft drug, it consists of the dried leaves of the hemp plant; smoked or chewed for euphoric effect
- COVER STORY New Politics of Pot Can marijuana become legalized for everyone? Is Pot Good For You? Health risk from occasional use is mild and might ease certain ills.
- Machete-wielding police officers have hacked their way through billions of dollars worth of marijuana in the country's top pot-growing states to stave off a bumper crop sprouting .
- Practically everybody, whether doctor or layman, pothead or puritan, has been expressing dogmatic opinions for years about the effects of marijuana on its users.
News & Articles
- Marijuana Initiative Gets Closer To Ballot
An initiative to set up a legal market for marijuana has cleared a hurdle for getting on the ballot. Lt. Gov. Mead Treadwell certified that the initiative language conformed with Alaska statute this afternoon, just one day short of his deadline. That means initiative sponsors can start circulating petitions to show that a sufficient number of Alaskans want to vote on the issue. Listen Now
June 15, 2013 - Alaska Public Radio Network
- MEDICAL MARIJUANA Bill would allowpesticides on plants
AUGUSTA -- Medical marijuana dispensaries would be allowed to treat plants with certain low-risk pesticides if a bill enacted by the Maine Legislature on Friday makes it into law.
June 15, 2013 - Morning Sentinel
- Marijuana operation found in Burke County
Burke County deputies find more than 100 marijuana plants Thursday after recieving a complaint from a home owner.
June 14, 2013 - The Augusta Chronicle
- George Michael in Reuters UK
I'm constantly trying to smoke less marijuana. I'd like to take less and to a degree it's a problem,Michael told BBC Radio 4's Desert Island Discs programme.
- David Paterson in Independent
In reference to cocaine, Mr Paterson, 53, told the NY1 cable news station that he "tried it a couple of times" when he was "about 22 or 23" and "marijuana probably when I was about 20".
- Chris Simms in Lexington Herald Leader
According to a court complaint, Simms told an officer he'd been "smoking marijuana in the car earlier."