- n any plant of the genus Cannabis; a coarse bushy annual with palmate leaves and clusters of small green flowers; yields tough fibers and narcotic drugs
- n the most commonly used illicit drug; considered a soft drug, it consists of the dried leaves of the hemp plant; smoked or chewed for euphoric effect
- Bumper cannabis crops and tighter border controls are creating a looming internal drug problem for the country.
- French cannabis consumption cuts across virtually all socio-economic categories and locales, according to the study, and ranks France at the top of Europe's tokers list, alongside .
- The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) says there are 65,000-85,000 people incarcerated in this country for cannabis-related reasons.
News & Articles
- Cannabis plea yields sentence of probation, jail
URBANA — A Champaign man was sentenced Wednesday to a year of probation and six months in the county jail after pleading guilty to having cannabis for sale in his home. read more
June 12, 2013 - The Champaign News-Gazette
- Owners of cannabis-selling cafes go on trial for selling weed to foreigners
MAASTRICHT, Netherlands — Owners and staff of three cannabis-selling cafes went on trial Wednesday in the southern Netherlands charged with selling weed to foreigners, in a case both sides of a heated drug debate in this border city hope will clarify the legality of a clampdown on so-called "coffee shops."
June 12, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Cannabis Trafficking Arrest On I-80 Near Geneseo
A California man was arrested for Cannabis Trafficking on I-80. Russell Taylor, 58, of Ojai, CA was stopped at approximately 8 p.m. on June 8, 2013 for improper lighting and an obstructed windshield near
June 11, 2013 - KWQC-TV 6 Davenport
- Gordon Brown in guardian.co.uk
At his monthly press conference on Tuesday, Gordon Brown said: "I believe that if we're sending out a signal, particularly to teenagers - and particular those at the most vulnerable age, young teenagers - that in any way we find cannabis acceptable,...
- Ab Klink in Ninemsn
Medicinal cannabis must become a regular registered medicine,Health Minister Ab Klink said in a statement, adding he wanted to give the development of a cannabis-based medicine by a Dutch company a serious chance.
- Pierre Claude Nolin in KW Now!
Scientific evidence overwhelmingly indicates that cannabis is substantially less harmful than alcohol and should be treated not as a criminal issue but as a social and public health issue,said Senator Pierre Claude Nolin (2002).