- n a plant fiber
- n any plant of the genus Cannabis; a coarse bushy annual with palmate leaves and clusters of small green flowers; yields tough fibers and narcotic drugs
- n a rope that is used by a hangman to execute persons who have been condemned to death by hanging
- Hemp Universe here in Lexington stopped selling food weeks ago, and Whole Foods Market of Austin, Texas, recommended last week that its 129 stores remove hemp products.
- The plan was simple, if naive: Andrew Graves would grow the hemp, then local companies would sell products made from it.
- With an exception during World War II, when the government planted huge hemp crops to supply naval rope needs and make up for Asian hemp supplies controlled by the Japanese .
- Anita Roddick in MarketWatch
As Dame Anita Roddick said: "Activism isn't listed on The Body Shop labels as an ingredient, but it is there as surely as the bergamot and hemp oil".
- Alex White Plume in Yankton Daily Press (registration)
We had all these plans of grandeur and independence, to lead the way with industrial hemp,White Plume said. "None of it worked out."
- Wayne Swan in The Age
This is a guy who has made a career criss-crossing the country in his hemp underpants pretending to be the green conscience of the Liberal Party,Mr Swan said.