hen : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n adult female chicken
- n adult female bird
- n flesh of an older chicken suitable for stewing
- n female of certain aquatic animals e.g. octopus or lobster
- Fewer than 20 breeding pairs of hen harriers, a legally protected bird of prey, are left in England.
- When each hen clearly understood its rank in society.
- They fed pork and lamb, fish, chicken and guinea-hen, eggs and milk, toast gruel, oatmeal, rolls, potatoes, vegetables.
- George Steinbrenner in New York Times
Does he want to go into the Hall of Fame as a Yankee,Steinbrenner said, "or a Toledo Mud Hen?"
- Tom Harkin in International Herald Tribune
I think that's a very poor requirement,Harkin said. "Talk abut the fox guarding the hen house. This is a classic case of it."
- Thaksin Shinawatra in ABC News
I miss home so much. Tonight I will meet and have dinner with Hen Sen and his family,Thaksin commented on Twitter after his arrival. "I want to repeat that the Nation, Religion and Monarchy are always in my mind."