margarin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a glyceryl ester of margaric acid
- n a spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter
- Generations of butter lovers have held that margarine should not qualify as a food.
- Is butter superior to margarine? For years, the warring champions of butter and margarine (made from vegetable fat mostly soybean and cottonseed oil) have been smearing each .
- Since then, margarine-makers and embattled housewives, who saw no reason why they should have to spend 15 minutes kneading the coloring into a pound of margarine, have persuaded .