- n a spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter
- It seemed hard to believe that so bland and salve-like a substance as oleomargarine could have set off so abrasive a row.
- After years of debate, Congress last week repealed the 64-year-old federal tax on oleomargarine, effective July 1.
- In 1906, vegetable oils were first substituted for the oleo oils, to lower the price and improve the product.
News & Articles
- Police reformer under investigation
The road to reform in the King County Sheriff office has been rocky. After years of ignoring citizen complaints and failing to review deputies’ use of force, even when they kill people, King County brought in police accountability expert Charles Gaither in 2011. His mission was to set up a new Civilian Office of Law Enforcement Oversight (OLEO). Right away, Gaither complained he was hitting ...
July 9, 2013 - KING5 Seattle