mapping : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (mathematics) a mathematical relation such that each element of a given set (the domain of the function) is associated with an element of another set (the range of the function)
- n (genetics) the process of locating genes on a chromosome
- v make a map of; show or establish the features of details of
- v explore or survey for the purpose of making a map
- v locate within a specific region of a chromosome in relation to known DNA or gene sequences
- v plan, delineate, or arrange in detail
- v depict as if on a map
- v to establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets)
- They said the ISRO should stick to socially relevant research as it did after its establishment in 1969: launching satellites for landscape and resource mapping, weather .
- The real explanation is far less fun: Google Earth engineers soon announced that the grid pattern was merely a digital artifact created by the sonar boats collecting mapping data.
- Most promisingly, he established the Allen Institute for Brain Science, which has produced an atlas of gene activity in the mouse brain, mapping 20,000 genes so far.
News & Articles
- Photogrammetric Mapping UAS enables safe, remote data collection.
Combined with Trimble Business Center photogrammetry office software module, Trimble® UX5 aerial imaging rover offers complete photogrammetric mapping solution for surveyors and geospatial professionals. Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) employs mirrorless 16 MP camera with fixed focal-length external lens and can produce 3D surface deliverables with ground sampling distance of ~1.0 in. Trimble ...
June 21, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Veteran-Owned IT Firm and Woman-Owned Mapping Technology Company Win Top Honors for Excellence in Federal Contracting
8(a) Graduate Firm of the Year, Industry Leaders Also HonoredWASHINGTON, June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A service-disabled veteran-owned small business contractor from Colorado and a woman-owned mapping technology company from Minnesota have been named the National Prime Contractor of the Year and National Subcontractor of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration. The awards ...
June 21, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- Social mapping does much more than just get you where you’re going
Google acquiring Waze almost seems redundant. Google is already a recognized leader in mapping services, so why does it need to buy a mapping company? The answer is that maps aren’t just maps anymore, and Waze will help Google move from mapping to social mapping. It might look at first glance like the Waze purchase is a predatory move. Google has deep pockets and it can afford to spend money to ...
June 19, 2013 - PC World
- Mikael Odenberg in Washington Post
This is about mapping situations so that we in Sweden will be able to fulfill what is one of the most central tasks for a government: protecting the country and its own citizens,Defense Minister Mikael Odenberg said.
- Howard Berman in Sify
Even after the passage of congressional mandates and the Administration's own directives, we're still wandering around in a metaphorical desert rather than mapping out a coherent plan,Berman said.