manufactory : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a plant consisting of one or more buildings with facilities for manufacturing
- Many an employe, going about his tasks in a manufactory where mercury heating is in process, has found himself suffering unaccustomed ailments.
- The art of tapestry weaving, which is as old as civilization itself, reached an aesthetic peak during the Renaissance, especially in the manufactory founded by the Parisian dye .
- At Josiah Wedgwood's burial place in the Stoke-on-Trent church, his epitaph reads: he "converted a rude and inconsiderable manufactory into an elegant art and an important part .
News & Articles
- Ocean Alliance opens at old paint factory on Gloucester Harbor
After years of research, fundraising and renovation, Iain Kerr's vision has come to fruition. Ocean Alliance held a ribbon-cutting ceremony on May 31 to celebrate the official opening of the organization’s new headquarters in the former Tarr and Wonson Paint Manufactory site on Rocky Neck.
June 15, 2013 - The Cape Ann Beacon