mill : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a plant consisting of one or more buildings with facilities for manufacturing
- n Scottish philosopher who expounded Bentham's utilitarianism; father of John Stuart Mill (1773-1836)
- n English philosopher and economist remembered for his interpretations of empiricism and utilitarianism (1806-1873)
- n machinery that processes materials by grinding or crushing
- n the act of grinding to a powder or dust
- v move about in a confused manner
- v grind with a mill
- v produce a ridge around the edge of
mill a coin
- v roll out (metal) with a rolling machine
- Walter believes that any New England textile mill which keeps its machinery modern and its research ahead of the pack can compete successfully with Southern mills.
- Sir William Mills, 75, inventor of the hand grenade, 75 millions of which were supplied to the Allied armies during the War; of heart disease; in Weston-super-Mare, England.
- The old Massapoag mill on the outskirts of the little North Carolina court house town of Lincolnton (pop.
News & Articles
- Wolcott Mill celebrates Dairy Month with festival
Wolcott Mill Metropark Farm Center will celebrate all things dairy during a special event set to take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 23 in Ray Township.
June 11, 2013 - The Armada Times
- Embrey Mill Announces Initial Home Builders
NORTH STAFFORD, Va., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Embrey Mill, an 831-acre master-planned community in North Stafford, Virginia is pleased to announce the selection of homebuilders for its first phase ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Taylor Mill mayor to run for Kenton commissioner
Taylor Mill Mayor Dan Bell has announced his candidacy for Kenton County Commissioner.
June 10, 2013 - The Cincinnati Enquirer