manikin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who is very small but who is not otherwise deformed or abnormal
- n a woman who wears clothes to display fashions
- n a life-size dummy used to display clothes
- One night he steals the manikin, takes it home to his crummy garret, puts it gently in his bed.
- Another was an enameled phonograph with an old-fashioned horn from which a manikin's legs protruded at one end, at the other a plaster hand stretched over a revolving disc shaped .
- Thus the linen closet showed a manikin housewife trapped amidst the laundry, and the "Womb Room" consisted of a thicket of fibers that drooped, in Chicago's words, "like an .
News & Articles
- Graffitirazzi: Urban Ore
Urban Ore has got a little bit of everything. It's an urban jumbleland teaming with bins full of manikin limbs, stacks of lumber, heaps of appliances (many approaching historic status), vintage 33rpm vinyl records, and more ceramic toilets than you'd find in a six-floor flophouse.
June 11, 2013 - The Berkeley Daily Planet