mannikin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who is very small but who is not otherwise deformed or abnormal
- n a woman who wears clothes to display fashions
- n a life-size dummy used to display clothes
- He rigged up a blocky mannikin with swiveled arms and wired innards.
- A cartoon called Island Hopping shows a steel-spring mannikin stepping triumphantly toward the Jap home fortress over Pacific islands which are not all terra firma (see cut).
- Inspector Bony discovered a bright-eyed pretty little mannikin who led him straight to the Orleans pawnshop and a cardboard box containing gems valued at $78,000 which Stavisky .
News & Articles
- Chattanoogan.com - Chattanooga's source for breaking local news
A store manager reported the theft of items from mannikins placed outside his business, and he said part of one mannikin was swiped as well. The official of Touba on S. Kelley Street said he saw three black males outside the store.
Nov. 28, 2013 - The Chattanoogan