mainsail : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the lowermost sail on the mainmast
- This year he realized that the formula assumes the boat will carry a mainsail, allows the use of jibs of any size without penalty.
- The mainsail was first to go.
- From where I sat the Admiral wore in with hatches battened for a gale, carrying a reefed mainsail.
News & Articles
- Morse confers award on Bartlett
The Times Record BATH Larry Bartlett, a Bath resident and professional engineer, was presented with the 2013 Mainsail Award in a ceremony at Morse High School. First given in the spring of 1980 by Morse’s School Community Liaison Council, the award recognizes people who have made exceptional contributions to the youth of the Greater Bath community. read more
June 12, 2013 - The Times Record
- Dee Caffari in This is London
Caffari said: "The mainsail constantly caused me concern. You just have to look at it to see what a dreadful state it's in, but I managed to struggle on. I never let it get the better of me. I had an opportunity here to make history so a...
- Richard Branson in Sportinglife.com
Branson said: "We've just experienced a night from hell when Virgin Money was struck by a massive wave from behind - washing one of our life rafts over board, damaging the spinnaker and devastatingly tearing a massive hole in our mainsail. Luckily...