maintainer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who upholds or maintains
- Massett and Company, a supplier and maintainer of Mardi Gras floats, is operating with only six people working instead of the normal 40 this time of year.
News & Articles
- FLAC Gets First Update In 6 Years
An anonymous reader writes "The Free Lossless Audio Codec, FLAC, loved by audiophiles for its lossless fidelity has been updated to version 1.3.0. FLAC is an audio format similar to MP3, but 'lossless', meaning that audio compressed in FLAC doesn't suffer any loss in quality. FLAC v1.3.0 is the first update in almost 6 years and it is also the first release from the new Xiph.Org maintainer team ...
June 11, 2013 - Slashdot
- Mark Spencer in Business Wire (press release)
As the sole maintainer of the genuine Asterisk code, Digium is excited to see open source's growing role at mainstream telephony events like VoiceCon 2007,said Spencer. "Asterisk has grown from an open source technology with limitless...
- Huston Street in San Francisco Chronicle
The pitching coach is basically our maintainer,closer Huston Street said. "He makes us stick to the program and watches us when we throw on the side. He's with you for every little step you take to get out on the mound. The pitchers are...
- Martin Michlmayr in InternetNews.com
I think users benefit from backporting features from 2.6 selectively,Martin Michlmayr told internetnews.com. "Our kernel maintainer has a clear policy that only features not in 2.4 will be accepted for inclusion as additional patches if...