maillot : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a woman's one-piece bathing suit
- n tights for dancers or gymnasts
- Whether women are worried about health, weight or the tolls of age, the Burqini offers a comfortable alternative to a skimpy two-piece or clingy maillot.
- A dedicated professional, Cyclist Bobet wore le maillot jaune almost all the way.
- At day's end the exhausted racers wobbled into Chamonix, and it was Anquetil's turn to wear the maillot jaune, for the first time in the race.
News & Articles
- Sink or swim: Celebs’ outfits are all wet
Tensions are high at the home of my chum Gremolata Bunion (of the Newport Bunions). It seems her husband Feral got the bill for her bathing suit binge at Maillot My and hit the roof. “I don’t think 67 suits is too much, do you?” she sniffed. Before you do a spit take with your morning mimosa, morsels, let me explain her swimwear strategy.
June 23, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Thor Hushovd in road.cc
I was able to get some more points in the hunt for the maillot verthe added, although he admitted that"it's always better to win the stage.
- Fabian Cancellara in Competitor Magazine
It's great to have the maillot jaune again. I was the favorite and I was able to win again,said Cancellara. "It was not easy, because Martin had set a very good time. It was difficult with the conditions. To win the prologue like this...
- Lance Armstrong in Independent
He would be wearing the maillot jaune today if he hadn't crashed [in Tuesday's time trial],said Armstrong, whose decision was in keeping with a cycling tradition stretching back to the days of Merckx.