- n a female domestic
- n an unmarried girl (especially a virgin)
- Two weeks into the war in Iraq, the maid realized something was up when her boss, Saddam Hussein's nephew, told her to bone up on a Tikriti accent so that she wouldn't attract .
- One day the maid arrives with a plastic, gold-painted key given to her son in school.
- Her maid heard, dashed to the rescue.
News & Articles
- Harrell, Veras keep good times rolling
Box score Jose Veras’ wife made a cellphone recording of his ninth-inning jumbotron introduction at Minute Maid Park, but the Astros’ closer has never seen the video. Which means the 32-year-old righthander still hasn’t viewed the electric mixture of blue-and-silver lightning strikes, a heavy metal-like “Veras” logo, and the blasting of AC/DC’s “Thunderstruck” that accompany his slow journey ...
June 16, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Maid of Mist dock repaired, open again
Crews worked for hours to repair the Maid of the Mist dock on the American side Saturday. Around 3 p.m., the attraction was running its normal schedule.
June 15, 2013 - WIVB Buffalo
- Pitch, Hit & Run finalists compete at Minute Maid
Baseball's future was on display Saturday morning at Minute Maid Park, as 22 boys and girls between the ages of 7-14 participated in the Astros' championship of Major League Baseball's Pinch, Hit & Run competition.
June 15, 2013 - Houston Astros
- Miguel Tejada in International Herald Tribune
I was in Houston last week and I've played in Minute Maid Park in the All-Star game, so I think I'll do great in that city,Tejada said.
- Andy Pettitte in Forbes
I know he's going to be down here and we'll play golf together. I know he's going to be over at their camp, at Astros' camp,Pettitte said. "He threw at Minute Maid for an hour or something the other day. If I threw for an hour right now, I...
- Cate Blanchett in AFP
Blanchett joked that "I always wanted to be Robin Hood rather than Maid Marian but the part was taken."