- n an unmarried girl (especially a virgin)
- n (cricket) an over in which no runs are scored
- s serving to set in motion
his first (or maiden) speech in Congress
the liner's maiden voyage
- In spick span readiness for her maiden voyage from Manhattan this week was the 5.
- The iron maiden confirmed some of the ghastly stories I'd heard about Uday's treatment of Iraqi sportsmen, especially the national soccer team.
- Her family name was Kahn; Moore is her mother's maiden name.
- President Bush in NPR
This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada,Bush said.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Forbes
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, and welcome aboard the maiden flight of Hil Force One,Clinton said over the plane's intercom as it taxied down the runway en route to Reno, Nev.