- n a great raja; a Hindu prince or king in India ranking above a raja
- Cornered, the maharajah had signed the papers ceding Jammu and Kashmir to India.
- The world's least inhibited air traveler has long been Air-India International's advertising symbol, a little maharajah with striped turban and quivering wax mustaches.
- The tiger hunter of yore was a maharajah or british aristocrat who would take potshots at roaring beasts while perched atop an elephant.
- Michaelle Jean in Forbes
Touted as the `Maharajah of the keyboard,' Oscar Peterson has left an indelible mark on the cultural heritage of the entire world,Jean said. "Whether it was while accompanying the jazz legends, performing for royalty or playing for jazz...
- Anna Wintour in Independent
In a world that's largely driven by corporate culture, she was a joy to have,Wintour said of her late colleague this week. "She was not too good at getting to the office before 11am, but then she would arrive dressed as a maharajah or an...
- Deepa Mehta in CTV.ca
Mehta says he's also intent on showing a new side of India to the world, bemoaning a raft of film cliches that have centred on "poverty India, exotic India, erotic India, a maharajah India."