mafia : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a crime syndicate in the United States; organized in families; believed to have important relations to the Sicilian Mafia
- n a secret terrorist group in Sicily; originally opposed tyranny but evolved into a criminal organization in the middle of the 19th century
- n any tightly knit group of trusted associates
News & Articles
- Mob boss Gennaro 'Jerry' Angiulo dies at 90
It was Boston's first big Mafia case. New England mob underboss Gennaro "Jerry'' Angiulo was captured on FBI tapes played at his 1985-86 trial ordering a soldier to "stomp,'' stab, and strangle a witness, bragging about his crimes and berating underlings.
June 16, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Project Pat Says Three 6 Mafia Was Strictly A 'Business' Arrangement
Juicy J is currently enjoying solo success, but where is Three 6 Mafia associate Project Pat? The Memphis rap collective have forged a place in hip-hop history, and are considered rap legends.
June 14, 2013 - Baller Status
- Former Mafioso says Mafia tested drones before the U.S.
PALERMO, Italy, June 13 (UPI) -- A former Mafioso says Sicily's Cosa Nostra Mafia was testing drone bomber planes before the United States was.
June 13, 2013 - UPI
- Steven Seagal in 680 News
False FBI accusations fuelled thousands of articles saying that I terrorize journalists and associate with the Mafia,Seagal told the Times in an interview published Friday. "These kinds of inflammatory allegations scare studio heads and...
- Sarfraz Nawaz in Times Online
Woolmer's death has some connection with the match-fixing mafia,Nawaz told the Associated Press. "I've been saying this for the last four days that Woolmer's death is not natural, but it'sa murder."
- Antonio in AFP
We will not solve the world drugs problem if we simply push addiction from cocaine and heroin to other addictive substances and there are unlimited amounts of them, produced in mafia labs at trivial costs,director Antonio Maria Costa said.