- n Chinese fruit having a thin brittle shell enclosing a sweet jellylike pulp and a single seed; often dried
- You can eat his wonderful food of course, but there is also a bar where they make the best lychee martini in town, or possibly anywhere.
- Imagination also extends to the drinks menu, where what else? the Scandinavian grain spirit aquavit is mixed with the likes of cucumber, lychee blossom, mango and chili to .
- Asked if he'd rather be sipping lychee martinis in an air-conditioned hotel bar or swanning around a big Victorian bungalow, Fulwood grins and says, "I'd be crazy not to, of course.
News & Articles
- Chinese Animal Activists Save 400 Dogs from Meat Festival
Animal activists assembled in Yulin, Guangxi Province to rescue around 400 dogs from a local dog meat festival held on Friday. The Lychee Dog Day Festival, held annually on the summer solstice, saw the slaughter of 10,000 dogs this year, … The post Chinese Animal Activists Save 400 Dogs from Meat Festival appeared first on The Epoch Times .
June 25, 2013 - The Epoch Times
- Ming Tsai in Chicago Tribune
Lychee is considered a symbol of romance and love,said Tsai, owner of Blue Ginger restaurant in Wellesley, Mass. "There is also the school of thought that placing dried lychees under the marriage bed is a wish for many children."
- Tony Burke in Food Week
The lychee industry already contributes to Australia's horticulutre industries and regional communities, producing 4,500 tonnes of the tropical fruit, worth $16 million each year,Burke said. "Australia's lychee exports have risen sharply...