luxury : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n something that is an indulgence rather than a necessity
- n the quality possessed by something that is excessively expensive
- n wealth as evidenced by sumptuous living
- Two luxury malls are being planned in Delhi, and hundreds of others are in various stages of construction and planning throughout his country.
- Many luxury brands are desperate, and a new study shows that moves into smaller-ticket markets might work.
- AT THE RECENT OPENING OF FENDI'S FLAGSHIP on Fifth Avenue in New York City, CEO Michael Burke insisted that luxury is no longer about being the biggest.
News & Articles
- These Luxury Brand Names Still Look Promising
These Luxury Brand Names Still Look Promising
June 13, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- For Luxury Hotels, Russia Rules In Big Emerging Markets
If you've ever stayed at the Radisson Royal, the old Hotel Ukraine in Moscow, you know why Russia is the No. 1 luxury hotel market in the big four emerging markets. Bugattis and Ferraris in the parking lot; Rolls' for sale in a showroom to the left of the entrance. Toilet paper like you've never seen in your life. This is where the one percenters go to nurse a glass of Russo-Baltique on the ...
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- New luxury hotel planned in Jackson
A new luxury hotel is coming to downtown Jackson. The city council voted Tuesday for a nine-story, 205-room Westin Hotel. The $53 million hotel will be built on West Street and is expected to bring more than 100 jobs to the area, city officials said. Groundbreaking is set for January 2014.
June 13, 2013 - WAPT Jackson
- Robert Gates in USA Today
Some allies ought not have the luxury of opting only for stability and civilian operations, forcing other allies to bear a disproportionate share of the fighting and the dying,Gates said.
- Barack Obama in Green Bay Press Gazette
The reform is not a luxury, but a necessity,Obama said before the American Medical Association in Chicago. "If we fail to act, premiums will climb higher, benefits will erode further, and the rolls of uninsured will swell to include...
- Tiger Wood in The State
I didn't have the luxury of playing tournaments coming in here,Woods said. "So I had to be more focused on my practice sessions coming into it and then take more out of them than most people would."