- n dried cod soaked in a lye solution before boiling to give it a gelatinous consistency
- Lutefisk is a Norwegian dried fish, an item of sentimental immigrant nostalgia and distinctly an acquired taste.
- Lona Williams' script has more lutefisk and Lutheran gags than a year of A Prairie Home Companion.
- It is not known what Hrlfr ate prior to the anal eruption alluded to, however, please note that lutefisk is a very old repast and beer brewing was in it's infancy.
- Sheila Kiscaden in Pioneer Press
Everybody down here likes Dave Senjem because he's a peacemaker, he's a hard worker and he shows up,said retiring Sen. Sheila Kiscaden, DFL-Rochester. "He shows up at every lutefisk supper and every other community event possible. : He's...
- Steve Dahl in Minneapolis Star Tribune
Not much has changed really,Dahl said of his 42 years working at the store. "Lutefisk used to come in barrels. Now it comes skinless and boneless, which is really nice. We'll sell more than a ton in the month of December."
- Mo Rocca in Minneapolis Star Tribune (subscription)
Warming to the idea of a Twin Cities feud, Rocca said, "The people from Minneapolis and the people from St. Paul are like the Sharks and Jets from 'West Side Story.' The real question is: Who has the tastier lutefisk?" "In the old days,...