- n a town in Belarus that was the center of the Chabad movement for a brief period during the 19th century
- n a large missionary Hasidic movement known for their hospitality, technological expertise, optimism and emphasis on religious study
News & Articles
- Chabad Document Trove Dispute Settled, Putin Says
The transfer of a number of Jewish texts claimed by the Chabad-Lubavitch movement to Moscow’s newly opened Jewish museum should put to rest a dispute with the movement and the United States, Russian President Vladimir Putin said. Click here for the rest of the article...
June 14, 2013 - The Forward
- Russia sees ends to U.S. row as Jewish texts moved to museum
By Gabriela Baczynska MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that a years-long spat with the United States over thousands of Jewish religious writings should end now that some are on display in Moscow's new Jewish museum. Russia has resisted calls to return the so-called Schneerson collection to the New York-based Hasidic Chabad-Lubavitch group, descendants of the ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Chayyim in InformationWeek
We are very pleased to announce the addition of the Haggadahs from the Chabad-Lubavitch Library,says Chaim Rosenberg, founder of the Society for the Preservation of Hebrew Books.
- Yehuda Krinsky in Jewish Telegraphic Agency
The world of Chabad-Lubavitch and its emissaries will adopt this beautiful toddler, and raise him and give him a beautiful upbringing,Krinsky said at Friday's news conference in Brooklyn.
- Barack Obama in Ynetnews
Michelle and I want to express our profound sorrow and heartfelt condolences over the terrible tragedy that befell the Chabad Lubavitch community, and indeed the entire Jewish community, last week in Mumbai,Obama wrote.