loyalist : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who is loyal to their allegiance (especially in times of revolt)
- Putin's liberalloyalist successor and the human tendency to seek support in the news for prexisting beliefs.
- Says a Sandinista loyalist close to Ortega's family: "If it was true, then you just regarded her as another harmless concubine.
- Now he had come as the anti-Communist head of a new five-man loyalist junta, replacing the three soldiers installed by Brigadier General Wessin y Wessin a fortnight ago, hoping .
News & Articles
- Russian protesters march as Putin seeks firmer political footing
By Gabriela Baczynska and Alexei Anishchuk MOSCOW (Reuters) - Thousands of Russians marched through Moscow demanding Vladimir Putin resign on Wednesday, as the president took the helm of a loyalist movement designed to broaden his power base. With helmeted riot police looking on, some 10,000 protesters chanted "Russia without Putin!" and called for the release of activists who face long jail ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- And The Winner Of The PlayStation 4/Xbox One Console Wars Is...The PC?
X-Box One: Because that's how many we're gonna sell,gamer Paul Sposato wrote on his Facebook page when he saw the Microsoft and Sony announcements at E3. Sposato is an Xbox enthusiast, an Xbox loyalist. But after last night's presentations, he does not plan on buying the new-generation console, Xbox One.
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- Obama shakes up national security team
U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice is promoted to replace Thomas Donilon as President Obama's national security advisor. Samantha Power, another longtime loyalist, is nominated as her successor. WASHINGTON — In filling two key positions on his national security team, President Obama on Wednesday elevated longtime loyal advisors known for advocating U.S. intervention for humanitarian missions overseas ...
June 6, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Dermot Ahern in Reuters UK
That has to be a worry that there will be a reaction from loyalist paramilitaries who have more or less gone off the pitch,Ireland's Justice Minister Dermot Ahern said.
- Norman Spector in Prince George Citizen
As a Texas loyalist who followed Bush to Washington with great hope and personal affection and as a proud member of his administration, I was all too ready to give him and his highly experienced foreign policy advisers the benefit of the doubt on... Scott McClellan http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_McClellan&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEsX8sbEdmZNlTHx__zou0kUpbzwg Atlanta Journal Constitution http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/05/27/mcclellanbook_0527.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFOgi7ejHSYet5dl-4oh3dn7FAoBA May 27, 2008
59639 79587 loyalist The big difference between me and other chiefs of staff is that normally a chief of staff is appointed either as a personal loyalist or a party loyalist," Spector said. "I was neither."