- n a person who is loyal to their allegiance (especially in times of revolt)
- s having rugged physical strength; inured to fatigue or hardships
proud of her tall stalwart son
- s dependable
the stalwart citizens at Lexington
a stalwart supporter of the UN
- s used especially of persons
a stalwart knight
- If he does not go outside for the job, President Bush will probably choose one of the court's two most stalwart conservatives, Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas.
- The Mob (led by Eric Roberts) they can handle, with the help of stalwart police lieutenant James Gordon (Gary Oldman).
- Conspicuously easygoing, with an infectious smile--the main item on his desk is a large tin in the shape of a Budweiser beer can--Inoue is a stalwart of the local Lions' Club as .
News & Articles
- Bay Guardian and editor Redmond part ways
Bay Guardian and editor Redmond part ways Tim Redmond, the editor of the San Francisco Bay Guardian, parted ways with the weekly alternative newspaper Friday after 30 years in a dispute over staff cuts. Redmond, a 55-year-old progressive stalwart, said he was negotiating personnel decisions with the paper's owners when he received an e-mail early Friday notifying him that his resignation had ...
June 15, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- 'S.F. Bay Guardian' Editor Fired Over Editorial Dispute, Opens Blogger Account
After 30 years with stalwart progressive paper San Francisco Bay Guardian , editor Tim Redmond has been let go by the paper's new owner Todd Vogt of the San Francisco News Paper Company. Redmond, who quickly moved from his old home at the SFBG to a new Blogger account , claims he was axed because of a personnel and editorial dispute. [ more › ]
June 14, 2013 - SFist
- Dell launches cloud solution for feds
Hardware stalwart joins Amazon, CGI and others in federal cloud market.
June 13, 2013 - Federal Computer Week
- David Johnston in Montreal Gazette
As the representative of the queen of Canada, who is our country's head of state, I pledge to be a stalwart defender of our Canadian heritage, of Canadian institutions and of the Canadian people,he said.