- n small Australian parakeet usually light green with black and yellow markings in the wild but bred in many colors
- n small African parrot noted for showing affection for their mates
- She had grown with it, and when, as Isolde, she embraced Lauritz Melchior's Tristan, 400 pounds of lovebird sang from the stage.
- Those last lovebird pictures of Diana were taken from afar, with telephoto lenses.
- In one, Caesar is a house painter and Channing a monied, molting society lovebird who is having the apartment redone for her cynical young lover.