loudness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the magnitude of sound (usually in a specified direction)
- n tasteless showiness
- It is not pained by loudness until the sound is about ten trillion times as intense as a whisper at the threshold of hearing.
- No wild behavior, no profanity, no risk, loudness or recklessness of the kind Phil exhibited.
- Moving rapidly over a strip of paper on a slowly revolving drum, the stylus traced out distinctive patterns, or voiceprints, that were determined by the frequencies, loudness and .
News & Articles
- Outfit of the Week: Red, Hot, and Super Cool
These mint silk cigarette pants by Raoul have a polished look and sophisticated feel that begs for the striking contrast of J.Crew's flame-red pullover. It's a combo that can handle racier accessories, like these platform wedges with leopard mottled toes. And to offset the loudness of everything else, Marni's subtle ... More »
June 10, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Desmond Tutu in Ecumenical News International
Public discourse should not sink to the level of the gutter,said Tutu. "Debate can be vigorous and animated, but in the end it has to be the cogency of the argument, and not the loudness and barbarity of language, that will win the day."
- Shane Battier in Dallas Morning News
My solution to the problem, the loudness issues we may or may not have, is to lower the beer prices to five bucks a beer,Memphis forward Shane Battier said. "That would solve a lot of problems. If I was commissioner, that'd be my first...
- Eric Chavez in San Jose Mercury News
We need some loudness every once in a while,Chavez said. "And coming from a guy who's had some"