- n prolonged unfulfilled desire or need
- v desire strongly or persistently
- Misha is trapped (for legal reasons) in his homeland, and his longing--plus vodka--powers this endlessly inventive, lugubriously funny post-Soviet picaresque.
- Zhang doesn't just act; she displays a smoldering luminosity that keeps the camera longing for her even after she has exited the scene.
- It is atmosphere used to create the most fleeting or lasting emotion, a mix of longing gazes, swirling cigarette smoke, double-printed slo-mo images and the Colony's most gorgeous .
News & Articles
- Where the Bridal Bouquet Is All Around You
Longing for a garden wedding? It helps if you’re prepared to take a leap of faith and have a big green thumb. Or you can just rent the place.
June 14, 2013 - New York Times
- 'Before Midnight': This is what it means to be in love
This is the romantic reality. When it is easy, it is easier than we imagined. It is holding hands and quick kisses and looks of longing. It is conversation that flows easily, breathlessly, without a moment of pause. It is laughter. But when it is not easy, when everything is not just the first time, the true reality of the complexities of a contemporary romance set in. This is the premise behind ...
June 13, 2013 - WBEZ 91.5 Chicago
- Progressive Brethren Gathering to be held in Indiana
Registration is open for the 2013 Progressive Brethren Gathering on the theme, “Holy Longing: This Is My Body.” This sixth annual gathering of progressive Brethren will be held Nov. 15-17 at Beacon Heights Church of the Brethren in Fort Wayne, Ind. The theme reflects the gathering’s ongoing commitment to a church and society that affirms the goodness of the whole body of Christ, said a release.
June 12, 2013 - Worldwide Faith News
- Clinton Woods in USA Today
It is a fight I have been longing for,Woods said Tuesday of the Tarver fight. "He told me he would beat me years ago. Well, now he has got the chance. He can't run any longer because the deal has been made. It is smell-the-coffee time and...
- John Kerry in guardian.co.uk
In the days ahead, we must find common cause,Mr Kerry said. "We must join in common effort, without remorse or recrimination, without anger or rancour. America is in need of unity and longing for a larger measure of compassion. I hope...
- Pope Benedict XVI in Forbes
Christ is the savior for whom they were silently longing,Benedict told a regional conference of bishops in Brazil.