longbow : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a powerful wooden bow drawn by hand; usually 5-6 feet long; used in medieval England
- By the mid14th century, advances in technology namely, the high-velocity crossbow and longbow necessitated steel-plate armor that covered from head to toe.
- At 60 he still holds the jiu-jitsu championship of Japan and twangs a deadly longbow.
- The introduction of new highly mobile and simply operated antiaircraft and antitank missiles, Smart argues, "marks a transformation that recalls the way in which the longbow .
News & Articles
- LONGBOW receives $90M contract for Saudi Arabia Apache radar systems
The LONGBOW Limited Liability Company, a joint venture of Lockheed Martin (LMT) and Northrop Grumman (NOC), received a $90.6M contract to provide Saudi Arabia with LONGBOW Fire Control Radars for the AH-64 ...
June 13, 2013 - Theflyonthewall.com via Yahoo! Finance
- LONGBOW LLC Receives $90 Million Contract For Saudi Arabia Apache Radar Systems
ORLANDO, Fla., June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The LONGBOW Limited Liability Company, a joint venture of Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) and Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC), received a $90.6 million ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Saudis receiving Longbow fire control radars
ORLANDO, Fla., June 13 (UPI) -- Fire Control Radars for Saudi Arabia's AH-64 Apache Attack helicopters will be provided by Longbow LLC, a joint venture of Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman.
June 13, 2013 - UPI
- Sanders in Memphis Commercial Appeal
Archery is part of our heritage as human beings,said Sanders. "Genghis Khan conquered Asia with a bow and arrow. The English defeated the French with an English longbow. The Plains Indians wouldn't have killed as many buffalo if they...
- Adam Rickitt in Independent
This contract will allow Northstar to complete the development work on the innovative transmission technology that will be used in the US Army's Block III AH-64D Apache Longbow helicopter modernization program. The opportunity to support the Block... Marc Emery http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Emery&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHY_Kk6kACDbOFEIMJYmUokw7vWUw Canada NewsWire (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/November2007/08/c5797.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHDJBafzKyiHbsRWd8kA8IEk2-eig Nov 8, 2007
59224 78983 longbow Asked by blogger Iain Dale which laws he'd most like to see changed if he became an MP, Rickitt replied: The legal ability to shoot a Welshman from the walls of Chester with a longbow. It's archaic [and] I'm not sure really tends to send the right...