- n United States poet remembered for his long narrative poems (1807-1882)
News & Articles
- Longfellow Bridge, electronic info signs, and the Fairmount Line
At last: Longfellow Bridge traffic snarls to commence
June 16, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Longfellow Bridge detours to begin mid-July; two Red Line diversions planned for this summer
Get excited: The long-awaited Longfellow Bridge reconstruction project is about to begin. Three years of traffic snarls, 25 weekends of Red Line diversions, and a long-term hiatus for all northbound car traffic on the bridge — and it’s all set to start this summer. Joy.
June 15, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Longfellow Science Olympiad Ends Season 16th in Nation
The Longfellow Middle School Science Olympiad team completed its 2012-13 season by finishing 16th in the country at the Science Olympiad National Tournament, held last month in Dayton. Competing against more than 1,000 of the country’s top science students, Longfellow students won 15 top-20 events, eight of which were in [...]
June 11, 2013 - Falls Church News-Press
- Dana Gioia in PR Newswire (press release)
Longfellow is not only a great poet, he also did as much as any author or politician of his time to shape the way 19th-century Americans saw themselves, their nation and their past,said NEA Chairman Dana Gioia.