loneliness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the state of being alone in solitary isolation
- n sadness resulting from being forsaken or abandoned
- n a disposition toward being alone
- Embargoes may sting, but they may not really hurt "To be isolated and ostracized will mean loneliness.
- These 16 ballads, recorded in just a few days, are the authoritative take on masculine loneliness.
- The llama visits the hospice each month as part of an animal therapy program designed to decrease loneliness and calm terminally ill patients during the last stage of life.
News & Articles
- Alicia Keys Premieres 'Tears Always Win' Music Video
While singing about love lost and loneliness, the R'n'B diva plays a woman who works as a showgirl and a nightclub singer in Las Vegas.
June 14, 2013 - AceShowbiz
- A View From Inner Turmoil
Struggling with bipolar disorder that would not be diagnosed for years, Robert Herman took to the streets of New York to photograph the loneliness of a city where so many people live by themselves.
June 14, 2013 - New York Times
- RKNet Studios Announced Cognitions Bridge Games for Senior Adults; to Fight Loneliness and Cognitive Decline, the ...
Producer CEO at RKNet stated: “Loneliness causes cognitive and functional decline and possibly an early death because of depression, diminished immune response, sleep disorder, dementia and Alzheimer’s. This observation is based on medical studies over the past few years and it's not understood how loneliness harms health and accelerates aging.” (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http ...
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Marc Forster in Leading The Charge
It'sa place that director Marc Forster said evokes Bond's "isolation and loneliness."
- Dr Anna Pou in San Jose Mercury News
I felt very alone,Pou said of her year of fighting the criminal accusations. "Even if people were around me I felt an intense loneliness. It was as if no one knew what I was going through."
- Sabin Willett in Sydney Morning Herald
All describe a feeling of despair, crushing loneliness and abandonment by the world,a statutory declaration by the men's lawyer, Sabin Willett, said. "One felt he was in the 'dungeon above the ground'; another said 'it feels like we are in...