loner : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who avoids the company or assistance of others
- The big misconception is that I'm a loner.
- A reader and loner and devotee of birds, and indeed all nature, the slim, shy girl of plain face and dark curly hair continued writing throughout adolescence, chose an English .
- A lot of the time, the subject was video games; but he was a loner.
News & Articles
- Edward Snowden Didn't Have a BA--Why That's the Future of the Tech Industry
NSA leaker Edward Snowden's formal education stopped with a GED, a fact that the New York Times ' David Brooks and others have spun into a caricature of him as a loner or outsider. In fact, Snowden's lack of formal credentials made him mainstream, and maybe even the wave of the future. The Brookings Institution reported in a paper titled "The Hidden STEM Economy" that half of the nation's ...
June 11, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Hero or Bad Boyfriend? Edward Snowden and the Personalization of Public Debate
Edward Snowden, leaker of the NSA surveillance programs, is a hero. No, he’s a narcissistic criminal. Scratch that, he’s totally a hero. Far from it: he’s an alienated loner, a traitor, a bad boyfriend. But also? A smokin’ hottie! Barely a day after Snowden revealed himself as the source who gave information to the Guardian about phone and Internet data collection, the debate over privacy and ...
June 11, 2013 - Tuned In
- Nicole Kidman in NEWS.com.au
When I was growing up, I was always much closer to my mother. Dad's a bit of a loner. He was always going off and reading books,Kidman told Britain's The Catholic Herald. "But when I went through ...... what I went through ...... I found...
- Timothy Hutton in International Herald Tribune
Ford is "a loner, he's not a social person at all," Hutton said. "He'd rather wake up and start drinking. ...... I hadn't played a character like that before."
- Rick Springfield in People Magazine
I haven't been this excited about a new record since the '80s,Springfield tells PEOPLE. "I'm a loner in my private life, so the party animal only comes out on stage. That's really my connection to people."