lockjaw : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an acute and serious infection of the central nervous system caused by bacterial infection of open wounds; spasms of the jaw and laryngeal muscles may occur during the late stages
- Of all the side-effects popularly thought to result from ingesting monosodium glutamateheadaches, lockjaw, indigestion, cancerbreaking Muslim holy .
- Why this sudden affliction of senatorial lockjaw? The answer seemed obvious: Baker is involved in a scandal of major proportions, and the Senate plainly feared that some of its .
- One of the most violent and fatal of infectious diseases is tetanus or lockjaw, caused by the tetanus bacillus which dwells in earth, manure, intestines of many animals, rusty .
- Mike James in Boston Globe
I'm a pit bull because I'm misunderstood,said James. "A pit bull is the sweetest, most loving dog in the world and full of energy. But if crossed, they've got lockjaw. When I lock on to something, I'm not letting go."