lobotomy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n surgical interruption of nerve tracts to and from the frontal lobe of the brain; often results in marked cognitive and personality changes
- Rosemary Kennedy 1918-present She was born mildly disabled, but a lobotomy arranged by her father left her profoundly retarded .
- The university might have considered intermediate steps prefrontal lobotomy, say.
- At a mental-health congress in Vienna last week, before psychiatrists from 41 nations, Professor Nikolai Oserezski laid down the Soviet line: the brain operation known as lobotomy .
News & Articles
- Sheen Rips 'Teen Mom'
Farrah Abraham is not "winning" in Charlie Sheen's eyes anymore. "I truly do not recall giving you permission to globally reveal any communication between us," Sheen wrote, according to TMZ . "congrats on surviving your lobotomy and an even bigger congratz on the recent attempt at porn. your daughter must be so proud. please send my number to middle earth and if allowed, eagerly follow it into ...
June 14, 2013 - Fox News
- Naomi Watts in Contactmusic.com
Watts says, "I have lost 75 per cent of my brain power. It halved and then halved again. It's not just the sleep deprivation, it's the breast feeding. I call it the lactose lobotomy."
- Ron Wilson in Detroit Free Press
He may come back to Detroit with a lobotomy, and he doesn't even know it happened,Wilson said. "That's what I'm here for. I'm going to zap him somehow. That's my whole goal."
- Boris Johnson in Mathaba.Net
Confirming that he would not be resigning as editor of the Spectator, Mr Johnson said: "I think that would be a kind of admission that the whole point of the leader was wrong. I would have to kind of perform a full frontal lobotomy on myself. I...