- Into the woods, cluttered with heavy undergrowth and roofed with tall loblolly pines, moved a group headed by a lieutenant and a brace of ensigns wearing unseamanlike woodsman's .
- Springlike Tarheel vigor was at work last week from Kitty Hawk to Cherokee, from missile plant to church pulpit, reshaping a landscape once principally adorned by loblolly pine .
- Anyone who can describe Jimmy Carter's brand of religious faith as "Missionary lecternpounding Amenten-finger C-major chord Sister-Martha-at-the-Yamaha keyboard loblolly piney .
News & Articles
- Juneteenth at Mosaic Templars
Just heard some great singing from Butterfly & Irie Soul at Mosaic Templars Cultural Center's celebration of Juneteenth. Yes, it's hot as hell, but there's overpriced shaved ice and delicious Loblolly ice cream to cool off with. Here's Robert Bell's preview of the event. [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 15, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- Pine trees planted in fire-stricken Bastrop
BASTROP COUNTY, Texas -- Volunteers came together to help reforest the lost pines region of Bastrop. More than 34,000 acres of the lost pines area were destroyed in 2011 when wildfires burned through Bastrop. The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center has asked volunteers to plant loblolly pine trees as part of the Bastrop County Community Reforestation Program. Volunteers are still needed to sow ...
June 10, 2013 - KVUE-TV Austin
- David Mitchell in Republican & Herald
This is important thermal cover for many types of wildlife, including grouse,Mitchell said. "In addition, on State Game Lands 234 in Montgomery County, the crew planted loblolly pines with the hopes of establishing dove-roosting areas."